Caipirinha: Brazil’s National Drink
A Caipirinha is Brazil’s national cocktail consisting of limes, cachaça (a spirit made from sugar cane juice), and sugar. The drink can be found all over Brazil and during my trip to Rio de Janeiro, I learned how to make this simple and delicious drink and I wanted to share it with you!
- Cachaça [Brand used in video: Pirassununga Cachaca 51]
- Cut the limes into wedges and place them in a pot
- Mash the lime with a muddler to extract the juice
- Pour in cachaça and sugar (there is no exact amount of each; sample until satisfied)
- Place crushed ice in the pot and crush a little more
- Strain the drink into glasses filled with ice
- Serve and enjoy!