New York City is a beautiful and magical place to be during the springtime. There are so many amazing and wonderful things to do that will constantly keep you busy!
If you live in/around New York City or if you are heading to New York City during the springtime, check out this guide to 37 Things To Do in NYC in the Spring.
2. Attend Sakura Matsuri Cherry Blossom Festival at the Brooklyn Botanical Garden
3. Watch independent films at the Tribeca Film Festival
4. Explore Central Park
5. Take the free ferry over to Governor’s Island and have a picnic on the grass
6. Visit the Cloisters in upper Manhattan
7. Walk along the Highline and people watch
8. Hop on a train to Flushing to eat delicious and authentic Chinese food
9. Take a walking tour to get to know the city better
10. Watch a baseball game at Yankee Stadium
11. Take pictures by the Unisphere (aka Giant Globe) in Queens’s Flushing Meadows-Corona Park
12. Hop on a bus and take a day trip to Long Island for some wine or visit an urban winery in Brooklyn
13. Check out the amazing street art plastered on the walls of Bushwick, Brooklyn
14. Explore the hip neighborhood of Williamsburg, Brooklyn
15. Take a free ferry ride to Staten Island and look out at the Statue of Liberty
16. Have a drink on one of the city’s best rooftop bars (For great views, I personally recommend 230 Fifth).
17. Overlook Manhattan from St. John The Divine, the World’s Tallest Cathedral
18. Visit the art galleries in Chelsea
19. Take in breathtaking views of Manhattan from the Brooklyn Promenade
20. Sip beer in one of the city’s many biergartens
21. Attend the annual Orchid Show at the New York Botanical Garden in the Bronx
22. Surround yourself with butterflies at the American Museum of Natural History’s Butterfly Conservatory
23. Hang out and people-watch in Washington Square Park
24. Take a cruise down the Hudson River or the East River at sunset
25. If April showers are getting you down, head to one of the many museums around the City
26. Buy fresh produce and food at the Union Square Greenmarket
27. Get some fresh seafood on City Island in the Bronx
28. Head to Arthur Avenue in the Bronx for some authentic Italian food
29. Hang out with sailors as the dock in the City during Fleet Week
30. Head to Grand Concourse in the Bronx to attend the annual Boogie on the Boulevard
31. Put on a big hat and sip mint juleps while watching the Kentucky Derby at a Southern bar
32. Head to the Riis Park Beach Bazaar in Queens for some beach time fun
33. Eat a copious amount of tacos on Cinco de Mayo at a Mexican restaurant
34. Catch a show on or off Broadway
35. Head to Brighton Beach in Brooklyn to enjoy authentic Russian food and a Cabaret performance
36. Attend Amateur Night at the Apollo Theater in Harlem
37. Take a helicopter ride around Manhattan
Looking for more things to do in New York City? Check out my Local’s Guide to New York City for more suggestions!
Awesome list. I must expand my horizons the next time I visit NYC, only been to Manhattan!
Thanks Robin! I think many people who visit NYC are just like you, so I want to showcase more of my beautiful city 😀
Amazing list!! Great set of things to do in NYC during Spring….
Thanks so much Lat Maggie! 😀
Such a great list! I wish the weather was better when we were there but we still got in a lot. You know I love NYC! Ill be back!!
Looking forward to your next visit! 😀